Classes in the Arts, Humanities, Sciences & Math
- Science...From a Galaxy Far, Far Away: Blast off in our newest STAR science class based on a timeless Sci-Fi classic. Galactic bounty hunters are on their way to earth and we must amass teams of young Jedi to use the force (of science) against them. From planets to asteroids, hovercraft, holograms, and the galactic forces of magnetism - Will the force be with you?
- Fizz, Bang, Wow! - Spangler Science Sampler: Learn why things bubble, fizz, react and EXPLODE during this awe-inspiring, hands-on chemistry activity where you get to be the scientist.
- History In The News: Grab some facts from ancient Greece, along the Oregon Trail, or at the Continental Congress. Put on a costume, and let the camera roll as kids become reporters in time.
- Play That Book: Storytelling and acting come together as children hear stories from around the world and then don costumes to act them out.
- Wizarding Wonders & Magical Science: Create your own science notions and potions, like in Harry Potter's world. Perfect the science behind the magic!
- Super Structures or Building It Big: Triangles, cylinders, and arches - just how strong are they? Learn how combinations of these shapes make sturdy buildings - even skyscrapers! Build your own super structure and help construct a giant geodesic dome out of newspaper.
- Math + Art = Math-terpieces: Learn how math and art blend together in this workshop that pairs super-cool math concepts like Fibonacci numbers, magic squares, tangrams and tessellations with the artists that were inspired by them. Lots of hands-on math play activities and ART!
- Westward Ho!: From Lewis & Clark to the Oregon Trail Pioneers, come celebrate the early history of our great state through songs, games, crafts and food.
- Upcycling the World One Craft at a Time: Be creative by turning Trash into TREASURE. Ordinary items that would otherwise be tossed into the trash are given a new life.
- Rock, Paper, Scissors...Oh, My!: Explore the medium of paper
crafts from around the world. Scherenschnitte (Germany),
Origami/Kirigami (Japan), Quilling (England) and more.
- Stomp, Rock & Roll: Explore the science of sound as we use everyday objects and our bodies to create a percussion performance. Lots of hands-on exploration and instrument building.
- Circuit Circus – What's all the Buzz About: Make indoor lightning and conduct hair-raising experiments with a Van de Graaff generator, explore the idea of conductivity and generating your own electricity at the squishy circuit station, and test the limits of static, all while exploring the fundamentals of electricity.
- Up, Up, And Away! (fundamentals of flight): What do helicopters, gliders, parachutes, and hover craft have in common? Discover the answer and test your flight craft in our wind tunnel, as we explore the fundamentals of flight. This activity offers hands-on creation of straw rockets, hoopsters, helicopters and more.
- Clowning Around: Learn and practice a few clowning skills, such as juggling, balloon twisting, face painting and funny skits, to show off to friends and family.
- Act It Out: Come be a star. First design your own mask; join in some expressive theater games. Then act out some stories.
- Puppets: Make a puppet or two, then get that puppet on the puppet stage to act out a story. Use your best silly voice, too.